Ceiba pentandra is a pantropical tree found in Central and South America, Africa and Asia (cultivated). My goal was to build a customizable tropical looking tree for all situation.
The 3 major innovations of this tree are:
- Epiphytes community customizable with 6 species: Aechmea sp, Vriesea splendens, Tillandsia usneoides (spanish moss), Tillandsia utriculata, Dendrodium sp (orchid), Polypodium vulgare (fern). Most of epiphytes are billboards
- Monstera climbing around the tree
- Buttress roots
This 3D tree model is fast to manipulate, fast to render and easy to use.
But in order so satisfy everybody I made a bundle of 4 versions:
- Ceiba pentandra Light
- Ceiba pentandra no epiphytes
- Ceiba pentandra HD
- Ceiba pentandra HD no epiphytes
For more details about this 3d tropical tree model and for purchase, please go to this link: http://www.cornucopia3d.com/purchase.php?item_id=14308
The no epiphytes versions I usefull if you want to populate your trees with 3D epiphytes community or if you need tropical trees for distant forest where epiphytes are not persceptible. In that case, using this version will use less memomry because it will not charge epiphytes textures for nothing.
The differences between Light and HD are this:
- Light use a single warpboard for the leaves when HD use 1 warpboard for each leaflets of leaves
- Light use warpboard for Monstera leaves when HD use noisy blades (more realist in close-up)
- Light has got a reduced quality and a reduced number of materials for epiphytes when HD has got mor materials and a better quality.
In my opinion the Light version is suitable in almost all cases. HD version is usefull only in very close-up renders.
Some pictures made with this 3D tropical tree model: